Makes about 15
100 g butter or margarine, softened
80 ml (45 g) icing sugar, sifted
5 ml vanilla essence
250 ml (140 g) cake wheat flour
15 ml milk
80 g dark chocolate, melted
1. Cream butter and icing sugar together. Add essence.
2. Sift flour. Add to butter mixture, with milk. Mix well until smooth.
3. Spoon mixture into a piping bag, fitted with a medium, star nozzle. Pipe into finger shapes of 7 cm long onto greased baking trays, leaving enough space for spreading.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 12 – 15 minutes. Turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
5. Dip the tips of fingers into the melted chocolate and leave to set. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Substitute the dark chocolate with white or milk chocolate.
Recipe can be doubled.